Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 February 2016

Meet Me Halfway

This is my 3rd poem for him.


Meet Me Halfway


I sincerely apologise for being selfish.
As to compromise is more than a wish,
From the hearts that are deeply in love,
Along with respect, trust, and all of the above!

Last night, you were on the other line.
Been hours since waiting patiently in line,
To utter the words, “I’ve got something to tell you.”
You assured, “alright tell me what I need to know.”

Babe, I’ve been so self-centred, and careless.
Pardon me if I’ve forgotten I’m no princess.
I’m a woman, with a great man;
A man who loves his Almighty One.

My prayers for us are fadeless;
Even stronger than the tempest.
The songs I’ve written only for you,
Would be kept until we both say, “I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment