Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 November 2013

Is "Virginity" a Big Deal?


Travelling Alone



For most travellers, they thought that one of the most exhilarating parts of each journey is meeting strangers along the way and most probably starting to share each other  their own gallivants since the time they started wandering around the globe. This is one of the best rewards for anyone who have been vagabonds in their self-recorded, precious time machines. On the other hand, it isn't always safe to go party crashing especially with "drifters" on the railroads, and those manly "fresh-off-the-boats" heading to the fishing village out of town, as well as the  tooth-aching, "johnny-come-lately" greenhorns who are trying to dance with you in cloud nine. These "gentlemen" are there for fun and if any woman is up for "pluck ups" or ventures, then they are lucky, but if a girl is smart enough not to even smell their baits, then they must be heading to another back alleys of the whistle-stop for their lustful, hell of worldly indulgence. 

To begin with, I have been a wanderer for quite sometime and I have observed that, most of those swains I had met along the way thought that with their tasteless praises, concerns, and the know-it-all kinda approach to a lady in the restaurant or in a photo tour would take them to a heavenly, one night stand. Somehow, some women are up to this, and I respect them for doing so.  What I wanted to emphasize was, I hope men would not look at every woman, the way they thought they would be especially girls who travel alone. I am also saying that, not all men do this but I hope one day I would meet someone "gent" enough to consider  that casual conversations on the cable car are better than jumping into the conclusion that at the end of the day, they would find themselves in a hotel room nearby. 


Yes, I was raised old school and I value myself being a real and pure woman that my future man would be proud of. "Virginity" might not be a big deal for a 32-year-old like me, and tell you what many men laughed at me for this...and they didn't even buy that confession. I got nothing to prove to any "joeys" out there but I still thank myself for being so faithful to my belief that the only thing I could give my future husband is my fair, pure and simple self as he deserves such nobility. 




No comments:

Post a Comment