Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Fansipan was Worth the Climb


Fansipan (Vietnamese: Phan Xi Păng, is a mountain in Vietnam, the highest in Indochina (comprising Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia), at 3,143 metres (10,312 ft). It is located in the Lào Cai Province of the Northwest region of Vietnam, 9 km southwest of Sa Pa Township in the Hoang Lien Son mountain range.
Fansipan is dubbed "the Roof of Indochina"; it is to be approved as one of the very few ecotourist spots of Vietnam, with about 2,024 floral varieties and 327 faunal species.
The topography of Fansipan is varied. Muong Hoa Valley, at the lowest altitude (950 to 1000m), is created by a narrow strip of land at the base on the east side of the mountain. It can be climbed in a steep and fairly strenuous hike.     (Wikipedia)


THE CLIMB 2013 (MAY)


Since I was born to be a challenger, I always dare myself to do things in which I thought I would not make...but I am so proud that all of them were done successfully. Days before I climbed, I was very excited and I thought it would be a piece of cake. Locals around, asked me whether I had already  prepared at least a month before the ascent.  Well, I told them, that I had just arrived from my Da Nang road-trip the other day and had to work until Saturday afternoon.  The same day in the evening, I took the bus to Lao Cai and arrived there the next day.  My itchy feet were jumping with joy knowing the fact that I was in Sa Pa again for the third time. After two days, we had to start the clamber and it would take us two days and a night. Honestly, I wasn't physically qualified for the conquest yet, my inner ghost pushed me up the peak. It wasn't easy on the way up as the paths were muddy, steep, slippery, rough and rocky, narrow and deceiving.  Gosh, I was faster than my companions but I could say that, that was a hell of a rocket!  

You might ask me why am I so proud to tell the world that I made it to the summit...those lessons I learned from the chitchats with the local tour guides were enough to make me realize how precious life is and how fortunate I am to experience existence.  Until now, the memories of the "scramble" had left me with beautiful scars which I could take wherever my feet would lead me as a shield in my struggles through the next chapters of my validity. 

Enjoy the snapshots! 
































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment