Total Pageviews

Friday 7 February 2014

Haruki Murakami Novels

Read, Learn, Love

His way of expressing himself through his main characters in his novels is off the beaten track and fluky unlike other typical writers who are in fact no "talents" at all sort to say. For instance, Paolo Coelho's masterpieces are wonderful as well but after digging into five of his books, I felt like all of them had almost the same predictable plot and synopsis. Anyhow, I still admire this Brazilian lyricist and novelist as his works give the readers salutary, worthy thoughts to ponder about life, love, religion and relationships. 

As far as I could remember, the first Murakami fiction I read was "Norwegian Wood" which tackles about how Naoko, a beautiful young woman faced life with Turo, a serious young college student in Tokyo after the tragic death of their best friend. The ending was breath-taking and I could say that by the time I finished the "libretto", I got the urge of exploring more of this humble Japanese writer's works both fiction and non-fiction. 

So, I decided to collect some of his books and I'm sure I got the top five of my favorites.

5. Underground: this is a true story behind an act of terrorism as the Tokyo gas attack turned many lives into the most miserable state of human being
4. Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The end of The World: love how the characters blend in and survived through their nicknames according to their occupation and or general description
3. Dance, Dance, Dance : talks about a 34 year-old writer who seemed to have connected with the old "Dolphin Hotel" where KiKi, the first class call girl took him
2. South of the Border, West of the Sun: this one in my own point of view gives us the lesson of true love and companionship.
1. Norwegian Wood: as the story goes, there was a magnificent blending of music in the 60s and romance...

Here are the shots: (left the Hard-Boiled Wonderland in the Philippines so I can't provide any photo)





No comments:

Post a Comment