Total Pageviews

Friday 16 August 2013

My Students' First Lemon

My Students' First Lemon

As flunky kids on the block, life is nothing but cut-and-dried, and the easiest way to duck out  is through these mind-numbing social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Weibo, Tumblr, or Youtube. 

Their world was turned upside down this morning, as I thought it was about time to beat the "comfort" out of them. Since we are in the world where technology is the most convenient tool to learn a foreign language; laptops, tablets, and smartphones are anywhere on the study tables. These make our "own" learners  reckon on their genius yet deceiving bestfriend, "Google Translate"! 

So, I knocked them over to a snifter of the most "rancid" reality of language learning-and that was to hit "Blogger's" accelarator.  I knew that the activity was quite arduous for their level, but I didn't want to do anything about it. A guy sitting at the darkest corner of the room with  his glazy, thick reading glasses suddenly jumped off his seat, sweating, confused, exhausted, and yelled-"Sue, I hate blog!" "I know", I blandly grinned. 

After an hour bumping their heads online, and learning how to breathe with their "clams" shut, most of them made it to their first post. I was just a proud "mom".  Way to go kids! 


Here's a screenshot of one of the kids' first blog.
                       



No comments:

Post a Comment